Planning Manager – London
This position will be working for a global construction specialist business who are focused on delivering hi tech projects for key clients. A major name within their specialist sectors.
DataX Connect are seeking a Planning Manager to lead and drive the planning team across the project lifecycle from tender, pre-con, design, construction and delivery of multiple Data Centre projects across the UK and Europe.
The ideal candidate will have excellent fit out construction knowledge in terms of architectural construction detail and the installation and commissioning sequences of M&E services. They will be able to demonstrate the knowledge through sound programming and sequencing on a range of projects and proposals through various planning techniques and software.
- Provide planning services to projects and proposals
- Liaise with the commercial function for cost, change and risk analysis pre-contract and on projects.
- Facilitate the project team’s setup of the proper project controls structures, systems and tools
- Development of pre-contract and project schedules.
- Ensuring quality & consistency of work being performed or produced.
- Ensure adherence to company practices, processes and policies.
- Ensure integration of all stakeholder schedule, progress, reporting and forecasting methods
- Develop and manage the assigned Project Controls team to be efficient and effective.
- Assist in developing plans to mitigate the risk and manage optimisation’s
- Assist in developing claims/change management.
- Ensure timely preparation of regular project and corporate reports
- Ensure project planning data is integrated with other project systems.
- Be prepared to work on the projects located abroad should the project require.
- Liaise with clients and external planning consultant
Could this role be for you?
- BSc degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- P6 experience as well as other planning tools will be useful
- Background in the UK building industry or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of construction and commissioning processes
- Ability to facilitate small and large teams to alignment for results.
- Hands on experience with project setup to control projects.
- Set up end to end programmes from appointment to commissioning and close out
- Proficiency in Schedule tools & software.