Remote Project Manager
Our Construction Project Manager to support critical facility construction projects. The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of managing a data center construction project. This will include providing leadership to contractors and vendors associated with the delivery of company projects. Project assignments for the most part will be regional; but travel across multiple regions will be required in certain circumstances.
The Construction Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the delivery of assigned projects on budget, on time, and assurance that the project scope and quality meet Company Design Standards and the objectives set for the project. The Construction Project Manager will have to be exceptionally organized and be great with back office work (change orders, budgets, paperwork driven, etc). Preference is experience in both Greenfield new builds as well as major brownfield retrofit projects.
- Maintain liaison with various contractors and vendors in order to manage the day to day activities that impact the delivery of company’s critical facilities construction projects
- Ensure that all day to day project responsibilities are met by the contractors and vendors on the project.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Assist the Director – Construction in negotiating contracts with vendors as necessary. Responsible for creating and managing project schedules.
- Put together Project plans – size up, costs, budget, scheduling , timeline, manage change orders, etc
- Assists with reporting and RFPs to Contractors
- Deliver Built to Suit projects with a heavy emphasis on value-engineering
- Drive Company Standards uniformly as it regards to Project Delivery by all project participants on all projects.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income / expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Act as key Liaison with managers of all company departments.
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project.
- Possess an extensive network within the mission critical data center facilities market.
- Background in Critical Facilities Design, Architecture, Engineering and Construction Services
- Experience managing Data Center Construction Projects as an Owner or as a General Contractor
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in the Data Center Construction Industry.
- Relevant experience in both Greenfield new build construction as well as brownfield retrofit construction projects.
- Client Facing /Client relationship / Client Management skills.
- Must be familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects.
- Solid Construction Project Management experience.
- Past experience on constructing facility owned power sub-stations.
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
- Ability to work independently.
- Solid Admin skills
- Computer savvy: MS Project, Excel, AutoCAD a plus
- Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan