Data Centre Engineer
Electrical Engineer – Data Centre
Term: Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: £37,000 – £49,000 p.a
Location: MOD Abbey Wood
Our client was formed to deliver infrastructure, asset, and facilities management services into the Defence Sector. They are a 50:50 Joint Venture between 2 already established big players in the FM and Utilities markets with over 55 years’ experience.
They are committed to enabling Defence capability through maintaining and enhancing the built estate in which our Armed Forces live, work and train.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Centre Engineer to join our team at based in Bristol.
The purpose of this role is to support all maintenance and new minor project activities at MoD Abbey Wood specialist assets.
- Carry out routine/essential planned preventative maintenance tasks as required across HV and LV distribution systems (including generators), associated plant/equipment, and HVAC mechanical cooling/heating systems, in a safe, efficient and effective manner at several key MOD buildings within the area
- Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a variety of different types of installations, such as:
- DX Splits
- Package Chillers
- Dry coolers
- UPS units
- Static switches
- LV generators
- Trend BMS System
- Investigate faults, identify root causes of faults and prepare accurate/timely reports on plant and equipment failures.
- Monitor BMS for running and alarm conditions
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
Could this be for you?
Full electrical trade qualification
18th Edition IEE regulations
Basic IT skills, including using a PDA
Able to obtain and maintain basic and SC security clearance
Demonstrable practical experience in data centre environments, including:
- A good understanding of electrical and cooling requirements in critical environments
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
Nice To Have but not essential:
- 2079-11 City and Guilds Level 2 Award in F-Gas and ODS Regulations: Category I
- 6187-01 City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing, testing and maintaining air-conditioning and heat pump systems
- 6187-02 City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing and maintaining refrigeration systems
Challenging role with development opportunities
7-10 year Government funded contract
Competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday, pension scheme etc