Data Centre Manager – Frankfurt
Location: Hanau and Bischofsheim (Frankfurt)
I am looking to speak with Data Centre/Contract Managers to work for a business that partner with owners, occupiers, and investors worldwide to deliver consulting, advisory and transaction, project management and integrated data centre services.
Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership, management, and development of a defined contract across the North or South of Frankfurt, ensuring operational and financial commitments are met and exceeded.
Your main responsibility will be to manage a large operations team on a new Data Centre contract. You will be dealing closely with the customer/client, ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts. You will have P+L and commercial responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are explored, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both our teams’ services and subcontractors’ activities and are regularly review.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment, and recognition/reward.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Proven track record in a management role which has included responsibility for service, culture, people and business growth.
- Previous experience in critical environments and/or data centre environments and one or more of the following: M&E, facilities management, projects, building services.
- Stout experience in dealing with a range of people from junior to senior level including site employees, suppliers and customers.
- Enthused by a fast paced, high growth environment with the affinity to work in a matrix organisation.
- Results focused with the drive to grow the business.
- Relevant technical degree as Electronics Technician (m/f/d) or Electrical Engineer (m/f/d) or equivalent
- Good understanding of electrical maintenance necessary
- Must be fluent in both German and English
If you are interested in the position above and would like to discuss the position in detail. Please email your CV across to arrange a confidential discussion.