ESG Senior Program Manager – Data Centers
ESG Senior Program Manager – Data Centers APAC
My client is APAC’s largest real asset manager powered by the New Economy and the third largest listed real estate investment manager globally. Our fully integrated development and investment management platform extends across key APAC markets, including China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, India, New Zealand and Southeast Asia, representing over 95% of GDP in APAC.
The ESG Senior Program Manager role supports the Data Center business. Reporting to the CEO Data Center and a dotted line to Group Sustainability, the successful candidate will focus on developing and evolving the ESG strategy for the Data Centre business and creating a region wide data collection framework supporting both DC Fund goals and wider Group target.
Could this be for you?
Under the direction and guidance of the CEO Data Centers and Group ESG, take ownership and responsibility to:
Develop the ESG Strategy for Data Centers business pan-region
- Industry benchmarking of the competition
- Define reporting requirements to ESR DC Fund investors and achievements against committed Fund goals
- Work alongside Group ESG team to apply relevant UN Goals to DC business
- Working with wider team define and track programs to manage/reduce PUE/WUE and how to report/track embedded carbon
- Alongside construction teams ensure all assets comply with LEEDS Gold standard
- Establish and implement a plan to move the DC investments to 75% renewable energy by 2030
- Creation and implementation of a Group data collection framework on each key ESG pillar.
- Undertake physical hazard analysis as part of due diligence for all new assets and sites acquisitions
- Calculate annual GHG emissions and set reduction targets on a 5 and 10 year basis for the portfolio
- Adopt the CRREM pathways for data centres (when available, likely end of 2022 early 2023) as a measure of assessing transition risk of the portfolio
- Energy management policy aligned to ISO 50001
- Environmental management policy aligned to ISO 140001
- Information security policy aligned to ISO20000 and ISO 27001
- Business continuity policy aligned to ISO22301
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or ESG related topic;
- Previous experience in Singapore and/or Region-wide;
§ Must have a background in data centre developers/operators or funds, with Asia Pacific footprint
- Self-motivated and proactive; ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills;
- Experienced in negotiating customer agreements, joint venture and sale/purchase documentation for large assets;
- Able to work independently, resourceful, meticulous, and possess sound commercial sense with strong analytic aptitude;
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
- Fluency in English.
In return for these skills we can offer an industry leading package to attract the best, strong skill-set development opportunities as well as access to the companies various benefit offerings and the opportunity to work for the one of the regions leading businesses.
If interested in the role, please contact Richard Dent at DataX Connect on or alternatively send your CV through