Mechanical Quality Lead
Mechanical Quality Lead |London
I am looking for a Mechanical Quality Lead for a data centre project in London to work for a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor who is a leading provider of high-value engineering services. My client operates internationally and specialises in the data centre, pharmaceuticals and power transmission and distribution markets with a substantial portfolio of work over the next 5+ years.
Mechanical Quality Lead Package:
Generous Salary depending on experience
Great Benefits Package
Mechanical Quality Lead Role Overview:
The Mechanical Quality Lead will report to the Group Quality Control Manager & Project Directors/Managers. The Mechanical Quality Lead will be responsible for identifying areas for continuous improvement, monitoring developments in the construction process and leading & managing the project quality control activities.
Mechanical Quality Lead Responsibilities:
- Set exemplary standards in ethics, EHS, diversity, teamwork, and quality culture.
- Comply with all Project EHS requirements, promoting a positive quality culture.
- Assist in selecting and training project personnel.
- Supervise and manage the performance of project staff in the quality department.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and create action plans.
- Analyse, report and provide recommendations for enhancing project performance.
- Understand and communicate the quality policy and organisational context.
- Ensure understanding of Management System documentation by quality personnel.
- Maintain a Lessons Learned program on the project.
- Conduct project Quality KO meetings and Client Expectations Meetings.
- Prepare and deliver project-specific inductions and implement a Benchmark program.
- Coordinate project Quality manpower resources and provide SME support.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports to Quality leadership.
- Conduct/participate in project quality compliance audit programs.
- Manage and report construction punch/snag list items.
- Participate in the preparation of Project Quality Plan, ITPs, and inspection requests.
- Ensure Quality Department deliverable submissions are timely.
- Validate data and results in inspection checklists/test records.
- Communicate regularly with project and functional teams.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and track project quality objectives.
- Maintain familiarity with non-conformance processes and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to requirements such as Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Actions, and preventive measures.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.