Project Manager – Healthcare (Maryland)
Project Manager is the primary leader for the construction project and reports to a Project Executive.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish, define and promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and external partners in accordance with the Company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Facilitate construction start through project closing as a liaison with the owners of assigned tasks.
- Organize necessary resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Create and maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that consultants and subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget. Complete required documentation of project progression.
- Conduct weekly/bi-weekly progress meetings with PM’s/owner/architect/engineers.
- Lead, coach, train and develop team members and maintain a positive working environment for the entire project team.
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in ground-up commercial construction, preferably as Project Manager, or Site Manager with a general contractor on negotiated or hard bid projects. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills along with keen attention to detail.
- Proficient with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, Timberline, or other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- Professional designations such as CCM, PMP, CEP, and LEED Accredited Professional Status are encouraged.
- OSHA 30, CPR and First Aid Certification required upon hire.