Senior Commercial Manager – Portugal
This role is responsible for all financial aspects of the project working closely with the Divisional Commercial Manager and project team to deliver your projects.
- To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction
- To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
- To lead role the valuation process, forecast value & maximise value recovery
- Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan for agreement with the professional team.
- Advise client on procurement routes available.
- Prepare, monitor and manage bid package tender schedule.
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with value engineering exercises.
- Advise on selection of Sub-Contractors.
- Undertake sub-contractor procurement and place orders
- Ensure Contracts/Bonds/Warranties/Guarantees/Insurances in place prior to commencement
- Undertake sub-contract administration and management
- Undertake measurements and administer changes
- Prepare, monitor and manage sub-contract package risks & opportunities
- Manage the change process in conjunction with the extended team.
- Monitor the information flow both to and from client’s design team to ensure that work undertaken sub-contractors is always fully instructed and authorised.
- Attend and if necessary, chair meetings with the design team and with sub-contractors
- Monitor, manage and deliver profit plan
- Instruct accounts to invoice clients
- Instruct accounts to pay subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare and produce ‘rolling’ final account throughout project and agree at PC. Subsequently, close out financial account and retention releases
- Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for ES2 directors responsible
- Attend monthly Contract Review Meeting
- Provide feedback to trade contractors on completion
Experience & Skills
- Recognised qualification in a building related subject
- Local supply chain knowledge
- Strong knowledge of FIDIC, JCT & NEC form of contracts
- Good knowledge of local regulations, codes and standards (desired)
What’s in it for you?
The chance to work with large well known clients, building up your portfolio of project work
An opportunity to develop and progress within the supporting business unit
Private medical cover
Pension matching scheme
Discount on selected retailers and gyms
Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work