Senior Project Manager – Data Centers
Senior Project Superintendent – Mission Critical & Data Centre Construction
Do you want to work for one of the leading data centre general contractors? An opportunity to grow a mission critical business unit and build the best data centres across the US.
You will be joining a fast-growing general contractor with a team of critical facilities professionals specifically focused on planning and executing the construction of data centres across the United States.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities to quality standards, while maintaining relationships with all stakeholders on assigned projects. This individual will often oversee multiple medium-sized projects, a single large-sized project, or an assigned scope on a single, large, complex project. The Senior Project Manager is expected to demonstrate leadership by following company standards and policies, achieving shared goals, developing others and building high morale and commitment.
Day to Day Duties:
- Prepare and manage project schedule; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence.
- Negotiate and execute change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Complete monthly project status reports, owner billings and financial risk assessments
- Identify and recommend value engineering and scope reduction opportunities
- Ensure project safety plan is completed and communicated to project team and subcontractors.
- Manage buy-out process.
- Detect constructability issues with project design.
- Understand contract terms, budgets, insurances, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope.
- Recommend staff development needs, disciplinary actions, job assignments and promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What they are looking for:
- Industry-related college degree is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least seven (7) year’s of commercial construction experience is required, including project management experience.
- Business acumen, judgement, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager.
- Excellent career development opportunity. Ability to progress and build a brilliant team around you.
- Opportunity to deliver data centres for some of the leading clients in the sector.
- A general contractor with a long term pipeline of projects across the US.
- They are offering a highly competitive compensation package.
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Must be a US Citizen or have the right to work in the US. Visa sponsorship unavailable.