Technical Manager – Slough
Location – Slough
A company that delivers fully converged real estate, facilities and technology solutions for data centre owners, occupiers and investors across the globe.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for a Technical Manager to join an established Data Centre portfolio.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in mechanical and electrical maintenance engineering and excellent interpersonal skills. You will be electrically qualified with a proven track record of operating in Data Centre Environments.
This position is managing an account of a 40MW site delivering operational excellence and being responsible for all client facing activities and technical aspects. You will be managing a team of direct reports and you will report into the Account Manager.
- Support contract mobilisation including implementation of QHSE and risk management processes and procedures, development and testing of operational procedures and, onboarding and training of engineering staff.
- Ensure that critical facilities within the Data Centres are operating to a high standard.
- Act as Senior Authorised Person for HV
- Undertake root cause analysis / post problem review of any technical faults.
- Act as client interface to ensure customer satisfaction and understanding of technical systems and processes.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- To ensure timely planning and delivery of plant and System shutdowns and other long term contractually committed works to meet contract programmes.
- Liaise, audit and manage our sub-contractors including pricing and quoting of small works.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept.
- Support the Account Manager to ensure all Statutory Compliance with and record keeping for Quality Management System.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating procedures.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Promote and lead DCS Shield implementation including responsibility for the site CERM Quantum adoption and compliance. Support and carry out technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Provide input for the development of client improvement solutions to include accurate descriptions, savings potential and cost estimates.
- Assist and enhance service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems and equipment.
- Responsibility for own and team technical training requirements and development program including competency assessments, critical services training and scenario exercises.
- Build and develop relationships with key business and account stakeholders.
- Assist the DC Lead with account forecasting in line with required processes.
- Support delivery of Supplier Relationship Management – including attendance at Supplier Review Meetings, challenging costs and delivery models and engaging with new suppliers
- Supporting the DC Lead with Procurement on the account including selection of suppliers, review of suppliers and liaison with the Divisional Procurement Manager.
- Understand, anticipate and deliver customer (internal and external) needs while building effective relationships whilst optimizing contract performance.
- Positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility.
- 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations & Electrical City & Guilds as a minimum, 2391-52 Testing & Inspection would be an advantage, Skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills.
- Experience in a running permit to work system and being accountable for others safety.
- Flexible working with the ability to manage own workloads.
- Self-motivated and the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Formal training in the use of Excel, Word and presentation software packages Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of business and customer facing environments.
- Understands the requirements of operating in a contract environment.
- High level knowledge of operation of UPS, Standby Power and Critical Environment Cooling.
- Critical Environment Experience
- High level knowledge of Data Centres.
- HVAP Experience
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, car allowance holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Olivia Burden at DataX Connect on 01489888012 or alternatively send your CV through