Electrical Superintendent- Travelling
Are you an experienced Superintendent with an electrical background? Do you want to work for a leading GC on their mission critical projects?
Our client is in the Top 10 Largest General Contractors in the US. They have a requirement for an Electrical Project Superintendent to work on data centre projects in Des Moines, IA. It is estimated the length of the projects are currently 2 years, with other projects currently under construction nationwide with new work currently at bidding stage.
- Maintain project safety in accordance with the Company’s Safety Policy
- Develop and update the project schedule
- Prepare two-week look ahead schedules
- Update project schedules utilising computerised scheduling software
- Assist with the buyout and selection of major subcontractors
- Coordinate the work of the subcontractor’s field forces
- Communicate effectively with owners, designers and engineers
- Maintain accurate cost reports
- Assemble and prepare work packages
- Manage, organise and direct crews in the field
- Perform lead supervision role
- Manage, track and be accountable for productivity in the field
- Coordinate with other contractors on the project
- Report to the lead project superintendent
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Education: A High School Diploma is required.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of commercial construction experience in all facets of the project. Must also have experience with safety, preconstruction, staff development, and retention and customer interaction.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents, knowledge of construction methods and materials, strong team leadership skills and ability to communicate are all required skills. Candidate must also have time management and project organisational skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Apple products (iPhone & iPad), and have experience with or ability to learn specific software. Training will be provided on company standards.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive Pay
- Travel package including round-trip flights home every 2 weeks.
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Apply today to be considered for interview. Must be a US Citizen. Visa sponsorship unavailable.