Data Centre CSA Project Manager
CSA Project Manager
Reporting: Construction Director
A worldwide Data Centre company that design, build and operate data centres for hyperscale clients in the mission critical industry such as, aviation, financial services, the military, utilities and governments.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the oversight and review of all disciplines including civil, structural, architectural, electrical, mechanical, fire detection and suppression, utilities, controls, security & IT and commissioning. He/she will administer all construction contracts ensuring full compliance, including all commercial elements, relating to data centre new-builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget and activities during the bidding, evaluation, award, execution and project closeout phases.
- Management of professional teams including, but not limited, to architects, civil & structural engineers, MEPF consultants, cost consultants, landscape designers, security and ICT consultants, environmental and acoustic consultants.
- Health & Safety oversight
- Overseeing the management of the testing and commissioning process from FAT’s through to area handover certificates.
- Management of all planning applications, fire certificates, utilities, building control and all construction and handover permits
- Managing the technical equipment selection, manufacturing and installation works
- Managing the document controller and document control system
- Close liaison with the client throughout the project
- Construction project management and oversight of construction related activities
- Direct interface with construction general contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project close.
- Working with general contractors and vendors
- Leading negotiations with general contractors and evaluating bids/proposals.
- Creating construction project scope and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Capital requests/financial analysis of construction work including change orders, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Constructability reviews of electrical and mechanical designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimisation of existing data centres
- Construction project quality control including the creation commissioning plans and support of the commissioning process
- Travel to sites for engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, mechanical system reviews, start-up testing, and full commissioning
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record of managing large-scale construction or engineering projects, preferably in the international environment
- Understand fire and electrical engineering principles for data centres including low and medium voltage systems and electrical codes
- Understand mechanical engineering principles for data centre cooling systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3rd party contractor/supplier management
- Good knowledge of construction programmes such as Microsoft Project.
- Good knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Good IT skills (MS Office, MS Project etc)
- Personable with excellent presentational, verbal and written communication skills.
In return for these skills there is a generous and highly competitive remuneration package on offer including basic salary, holiday package, pension commitment and other company wide benefits.
If interested in the role please contact Olivia Burden at DataX Connect on 01489888012 or alternatively send your CV through